While it is possible to do Online Marketing or Internet Marketing (same thing) without a website, it’s way better with a website. This is because your website is your online’ home’, where you can communicate all you need to about your business, yourself, and your products/services.
As a Forever Living distributor, it’s likely that you have your own paid Forever Living replicate website, with an address similar to www. aloebeehealth. myflpbiz. com (remove spaces when copying and pasting to your browser) – or your own domain name. Note that although this blog post has been written primarily for Forever Living Products independent distributors, this training on Internet Marketing applies to all online businesses as well as online Network Marketers.
Internet Marketing is simply using the power of the Internet to gain visitors to your website, in order to increase sales of your products/services – and in the case of Forever Living or other MLM companies, to also increase recruitment of distributors to your team. The reason you do Internet Marketing is because it gives you access to a much bigger reach or range of potential customers or distributors than you would have from your circle of acquaintances in real life; and having a website these days and doing business over the Internet is expected, if you want to have business credibility!
Online Marketing essentially involves two things:
- Ensuring your website will be found in the Search Engines (like Google), when people are searching for Aloe Vera health and beauty products, home business opportunities, or whatever it is you are selling,
- Actively marketing and promoting your website, products/services, and business opportunity via other websites and Social Media.
In order to ensure people find your website within the main search engines, you need to:
- Make sure that your website SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is up to scratch, which means checking the likely keywords people use when searching for your kind of business/products/services, and ensuring these are included in the meta keywords (within the code) of your website, as well as within the text or content that people read on your website.
- Create Back-Links to your website on other relevant websites. You do not always have control over these, as people may place links to your website or certain pages of your website, on their websites or social media pages. This is good! But you should also put links to your website on forums, other people’s websites and blogs (if allowed), and on your social media profiles.
To promote your website and products/services as well as the FLP business opportunity, you need to:
- Create professional-looking business profiles on the main Social Networking sites, such as Facebook (eg. Facebook Page), Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Regularly post news, articles, offers and links to these and your website (or specific relevent pages of your website) via your Social Media profiles. This information should be helpful, attractive, interesting, newsworthy, and interactive to your Social Media Followers and Friends, so that they begin to see this information exchange as a relationship, rather than you trying to sell them something.
So that’s Internet Marketing in a nutshell. Of course there’s more to it in the detailed activities, but it’s important to know the big picture, so that you’re able to operate within that.
For more information on how to do really successful Online Marketing, read this free Ebook from CopyBlogger: Internet Marketing for Smart People.
To your success!